internetworkers - [internetworkers] Linux activists demonstrate on Redmond (well, not really)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Linux activists demonstrate on Redmond (well, not really)
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:04:20 -0500

Hi,

After reading that many like parody and have good'n'high spirits, you might
want to read this... news aricle:

http://w3.one.net/~sunlion/linuxriot.html

[....brief excerpt....]

"Until yesterday, protesters had kept a quiet, good-natured presence outside
of Microsoft's new office in downtown Seattle, handing out free CD's of
computer software, and even giving cute little stuffed penguins-their mascot-
to the children of passers-by. "They're such NICE young men," said 78 year
old Mildred Matthews, walking her dog nearby. "They would pet my dog, and
we'd talk about Art Bell, Deep Space Nine and the X Files. I think they just
got tired of being repressed and kept down by The Man," said this
great-grandmother when interviewed this morning. "

"But these demonstrators, whose numbers have escalated in recent weeks, did
in
fact turn violent yesterday, clashing with police in the worst street
violence in this city's history."

"Death to Graphical User Interfaces!"
screams a penguinhead as he is arrested.

Salut,
Josep-under-the-sonw
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve Eastern Radiologists, Inc.
MaDuIxA PoWeR!

  • [internetworkers] Linux activists demonstrate on Redmond (well, not really), Josep L. Guallar-Esteve, 01/23/2003