internetworkers - [internetworkers] call for speakers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jesse D.d.m. Wilbur" <jdwilbur AT yahoo.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: klewis AT email.unc.edu, mcarroll AT email.unc.edu, pgiovinaz AT email.unc.edu, acrystal AT email.unc.edu, march AT email.unc.edu
  • Subject: [internetworkers] call for speakers
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:45:27 -0800 (PST)

All,

As the unofficial representative for ASIST @ UNC to the InterNetworkers, I
wanted to put out a call for speakers. Anyone who has a topic they are
interested in sharing is welcome to contact me and set up a time for us to
give
you the floor.

What floor you might ask?

ASIST @ UNC (American Society for Information Science and Technology)is an on
campus group dedicated to serving students focusing on information technology.
As such, we feel it is a big part of our mission to reach out to members in
the
community (such as your glorious selves) and encourage contact with students.
Part of our outreach includes bringing speakers in to SILS to present on
topics
like security/networking, information design, usability, database design, or
information technology management.

I know some of you know something about some of that stuff. ;) I am expecting
flood of responses, and I hope we can start a nice little series of
lectures/panels related to the above (or other!) topics.

Thanks,
jesse

p.s.: The floor, btw, will be somewhere in Manning Hall on UNC's campus. -jdw

=====