internetworkers - [internetworkers] Zany Brainy going away

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: burnett AT pobox.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Zany Brainy going away
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:21:20 -0500 (EST)

To segue from Matusiak's thread on Frnaklin St closings, FAO, the parent
company of FAO Schwartz and Zany Brainy, filed for Chapter 11 yesterday.
I can't find a link to the story I saw yesterday, but here's one a few
days older with more detailed info.

http://www.businesstoday.com/business/business/fao01112003.htm

Anyway, the Zany Brainy on Glenwood Ave. in Raleigh has everything in
the store marked 20%-40% off as of today when I drove past (big signs in
windows). I don't know if the Zany in Durham is having a similar closing
sale or not. If you have kids, have relatives or friends with kids you
shop for, or just want to get a nice discount and clean out their Lego
and mindstorms robotics sets, might check it out. Several of the FAO
Schwartz stores around the country are also expected to close.

best,
Steve Burnett
--
Steve Burnett burnett AT pobox.com http://www.pobox.com/~burnett/
System Administration Technical Documentation Information Retrieval