internetworkers - [internetworkers] OT: Any New Beetle Owners on the list?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Winslow Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] OT: Any New Beetle Owners on the list?
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:00:43 -0500

Sorry for the OT posting. If you happen to own a New Beetle from 1998 or 2000 I could use your help. The engine on our 1998 New Beetle failed, and VW refuses to pay for the repair was part of the 5 year/50,000 mile powertrain warranty. I'm in the process of taking VW USA to small claims court, and it requires a written copy of the warranty. Both the dealer (Volkswagen of Durham) and VW USA refuse to provide a copy of the warranty, which forces me to look elsewhere.

The warranty can be found in the manual, but ours was imported from Quebec and thus the manual is in French, and of no help. If you happen to own a 1998 or 1999 New Beetle and could copy or fax the warranty in the manual that would be a huge help.

Thank you,

Michael Czeiszperger

No place better demonstrates the worst aspects of both the American
character and public policy than the nation's highways.
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC