internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] solar power

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas C. Meggs" <tom AT plik.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] solar power
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 02:21:41 -0500

machett AT ibiblio.org wrote:
continuing the thread...

Likewise. ;)

Someone pointed out to me that the investment in solar is a rather long-term
one. The cost of converting to solar is several thousand dollars. The
average annual power bill is several hundred dollars (or around a grand, if
you really burn the juice). Just to balance (recoup) those costs would take
6-10 years, depending. Not being a homeowner, someone else will have to tell
me by how much that timeframe would be adjusted considering tax credits...?

I'm not for sure, but recently I got a couple of good resources.

General info and links:
http://www.ases.org/

Some products, prices don't seem that bad:
http://www.northerntool.com/

and I just remembered an article from the November issue of Architecture
magazine (another hobby):

Great story. I actually read it a while ago.

Regards,
Tom