internetworkers - [internetworkers] Ice Storm Photos

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Ice Storm Photos
  • Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 12:43:28 -0500

Power came on at our house about 8:16pm Friday night. Cable was unaffected until I really started enjoying it, then it went off long enough for me to vent, then it came back on. Cable modem wasn't working, but we had plenty to do so I didn't worry about it. Resetting the Linksys gear this morning magically fixed the connection so we are now snug and on-line.
We survived in front of the gas logs and made hot food on the gas stove. Nileen's folks did okay, but we went to get them and spent all day yesterday keeping ourselves warm by the fire, doing puzzles, and eating as much as possible.
I put up some more photos at
http://home.nc.rr.com/rogernileen/roger/2002-12-05-ice-storm/
Our thoughts go out to those many people who continue to be cold, but they are probably not reading this anyway. Roger (in Raleigh)

  • [internetworkers] Ice Storm Photos, Roger Austin, 12/07/2002