internetworkers - [internetworkers] Storm on Eastern Carolina

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Storm on Eastern Carolina
  • Date: 06 Dec 2002 11:06:35 -0500

<NPR voice>

From the Internetworker's very own Special Reporter at the Eastern part
of North Carolina, Josep Lluis:

It's morning as usual in the Eastern Carolinas. Although the Here we
got no snow. Although there were some unconfirmed rumors of snow flakes
sightings, none was detected by the proper authorities. We got iced
rain, though, and even Greenville cars were cruisin' around slower than
usual.

Food Lion was packed with consumers buying Carolina's Whitheys supplies:
white eggs, white milk, white sugar, white toilet paper, white
all-purpose paper and white-sugar-sprinkled donuts (doughnouts?). I got
myself some of those, as well as some calcium OJ (I think that calcium
also qualifies as a Carolina's Whithey.)

The next day, that is, Thursday, things were very normal. A little rain
fallen over-34F melted most of the ice in the roads. Not a single school
was closed, AFAIK. One consequence: I have my alarm clock tunned to WUNC
NPR in Chapel Hill. It didn't wake me up, as I got no emissions here. So
I got to work late. An interesting effect was my cellphone: No signal
until 4:00 pm.

Today, a good blanket of ice was preserving my car from the outside
rough conditions (~20F this last night, I believe). With my brand new
ice-scratcher and the thermal rear-view mirrors, I got my car in driving
condition on 10 minutes. It took almost 30 seconds to get the diesel
glow thingy to warm up the fuel. But it started no problem, and no black
fumes nor very loud noise disturbed this Greenville, NC peaceful
neighborhood.

For Internetworkers, Josep Lluis Guallar-Esteve, Greenville, NC.

</NPR voice>

Salut,
Josep
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/
[MaDuiXa PoWeR] http://www.maduixa.net

  • [internetworkers] Storm on Eastern Carolina, Josep L. Guallar-Esteve, 12/06/2002