internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Microsoft's Vote for Ms. Moxie Content

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Microsoft's Vote for Ms. Moxie Content
  • Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 11:03:51 -0500

on Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 09:34:51AM -0500, Michael Winslow Czeiszperger wrote:
> At first glance it looks like a beauty contest, but the rules say you
> are supposed to vote for "someone who is determined, agile, business
> savvy, and uses Microsoft Office for Mac."

FWIW, I know Toby Malina - she used to work with the Thunder Lizard
conferences, and was cheerful and conscientious - so I voted for her.

But you know, if I could have voted for Ellen Feiss, I would have.

And Moxie, to set the record straight, is a patent medicine from the
depths of the 19th Century that seems to have lost popularity with the
death of the World War I generation; imagine Dr. Pepper with more pruny
goodness and an even more peppery finish, and you're close. I like it.
You can't get it down here, AFAIK.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier