internetworkers - [internetworkers] RE: InterNetWorkers digest, Vol 1 #80 - 49 msgs

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Steve Steele" <Steve AT mindbenderstudios.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] RE: InterNetWorkers digest, Vol 1 #80 - 49 msgs
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 03:37:57 -0400

Having served in combat, and first hand smelled the perfume of war
(i.e. burnt flesh, gun powder and feces) I can attest that the game
boy version of war that we American's see is far from reality. The
image of the sun bloated, burnt and distorted and corpses laying
waste in the desert is one that no one should have to witness.

War should be avoided at all cost. I am befuddled by bush's push for
a war that 1. will not add one once of security to America, 2. will
only create more fanatics, 3. will likely kill more innocent people
than combatants, 4. is off target from our original intent (get the
terrorist), and the list goes on.

I am very disturbed about this chain of events on a number of levels,

1. is the unwillingness of those who oppose the war to let their
voices be heard. Evil lives where good people are silent. History has
demonstrated this over and over again. During Desert Storm, I was first
hand witness to a very dangerous situation. I protested to my commander
and was angrily told to carry out the order. It wasn't an unlawful order,
it was just a stupid order that unnecessarily risked the lives of a
number of soldiers. By the grace of God nothing came of it. But
afterwards the number of people who came up to me and said, hey man,
I was behind you 100% angered me. I finally said, then why the hell
didn't you speak out you cowardly bastards.

We have a very disturbed man in the white house. One who is willing to
use war and the threat of war to hide his and the vice presidents own
corporate abuses. I do believe a private conversation took place that
went something like this:
Bush: You know Dick, if word gets out to the American people about
some of the mis-steps that were made by either one of us, it could prove
to be disabling for America.

Dick: Mr. President, we have an unstable economy, terrorist knocking on
our front door, our domestic policy has yet to begun to bear fruit. Having
the leader of the free world go through protracted hearings on
corporate abuse cold be the stick that breaks the camels back. Look
at what happened to America while Clinton was dealing with his issues.
And hell that was just about him having his pecker in some tramps mouth.

Bush: Dick, we didn't bring this war to America, but it could prove to
be very timely. It has the possibility to unite American's at a time
when we truly need to come together. Something for us to rally around,
you know support our troops and all.

Dick: Well Mr. President, we don't necessarily need to commit troops to
the war. We can send missile's over and there occasionally. But, I agree,
as strange as it sounds having the threat of war in the air could prove
to be the stabling effect that we need. But what if it goes to far.

Bush: What's to far? We do need a regime change over there. Hell yeah,
I know we put the son-of-a-bitch in power, and we can also take him out.
Pause. Put some other half wit clown in there. The whole damned mid east
would thank us.

I'm behind you Mr. President.

Bush: Good, call Colin in here. He's a soldiers soldier. He'll help us
figure out the boundaries and how this thing should play out.

Dick: Yes Mr. president. Year's later American's will thank you for this.

So, there. This is the sick twisted roots of a misguided attempt to
distract American's from the true threat to democracy. The reality of
corporate abuse will prove to be more destructive to Americans as a
whole and individually. Unfortunately I like most American's have not
done enough to keep the light on the real threat to America.

2. Isn't it interesting that the only channel that covers the numerous
protest around the country to this war and the corporate abuse tie-in
are the independent channels. The main news portals simply wont cover
this. Feels kinda Orwellian doesn't it?

Steve S.

  • [internetworkers] RE: InterNetWorkers digest, Vol 1 #80 - 49 msgs, Steve Steele, 10/11/2002