internetworkers - [internetworkers] Bulk OCR

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: thomas AT tbeckett.com
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Bulk OCR
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 00:49:45 -0400

I've been thinking about a project that would involve mining data from reams of old-fashioned sheet-fed main-frame line-printer out-put. It is the only source I can find. Does anyone know of an outfit that is equipped to optically scan and convert this print data back to electronic format? Can this be done inexpensively?

Thanks for your collective wisdom.

TaB

P.S. 'Scuse me, got all carried away with the hyphens there.