internetworkers - [internetworkers] Consulting marketing

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <art2mis AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Consulting marketing
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:31:15 -0400

Hey all,

As many of you know, I was let go from Worldcom in August. After some
soul-searching, Craig and I are going to try to make a go of our consulting
business. In between working on our software product (which is the real
goal), we're looking for short-term contract positions we can do via 1099,
preferably direct to our own company rather than through any of the
leech-like staffing companies.

Does anyone know of the "best" (i.e. most leads actually completed) place for
us to list our services? I know that the major job hunting sites have areas
for consultants to post their credentials, but which of these do the
companies looking for talent actually use? Although I have years in the
consulting biz, I still don't know how the sales people actually got their
leads...it always seemed to be personal contacts. :)

Any other bright marketing ideas floating about?

Diana Duncan