internetworkers - [internetworkers] Need help with Pocket PC

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Need help with Pocket PC
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:01:18 -0400

I hope you guys won't find this too off topic, but I am having a problem
configuring a Pocket PC for one of my users, and I just sent the
following email to the computer support list at UNC. If anybody in
Internetworker land has experienced a similar problem and could offer
some suggestions, I would be eternally grateful.

Has anybody out in support land tried to use a Pocket PC 2002 device
with a wireless card configured to access an email account on the campus
IMAP server to send and receive email? Specifically, I am having a
problem configuring a Compaq iPAQ H3700 series (H3765) with an expansion
pack with a Compaq HNW-100 wireless card for a user. I have configured
it to get an IP through DHCP and send and receive email through the IMAP
server. The problem is that when he sends an email, it won't save a copy
in the sent items folder, even though that option is enabled, and when
you delete messages using that device, they won't stay deleted (they
appear to be deleted but reappear when he clicks on Send & Receive).

Any help from anybody would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill Geschwind
Technical Assistance Manager
Department of Technology and Systems Support
Division of Student Affairs, University of N. Carolina at Chapel Hill
03 Teague Hall, CB# 5510 (919) 962-5629
Chapel Hill, NC 27599 geschwin AT email.unc.edu

  • [internetworkers] Need help with Pocket PC, Bill Geschwind, 09/05/2002