internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] TIPS, Jones and Hood today on wunc-fm

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] TIPS, Jones and Hood today on wunc-fm
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 14:16:53 -0400 (EDT)
On 15 Aug 2002, Tanner Lovelace wrote:

+On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 13:27, Paul Jones wrote:
+> it will rerun at 8 this evening. however it is much more about water
+> conservation and calling tips lines in general than about TIPS. i was the
+> last to know %-|
+
+Paul,
+
+Could you tell us a little about your experience?
first i have done wunc shows several times before. i have a lot of
interests (online comics, music etc) that have been deemed interesting to
others too. this was my first call-in experience tho.

+Did they ask you to be on the show just today or did you have any
+warning?
actually last night. but then i have known some of these folks for many
years and beverly knows i can cover a few topics okay and be amusing. but
i thought that the center would be more on TIPS and related
neighbor-watching than just on water conservation, but hey you sink or
swim ;-> in the past i have had a nice long lead time so this was
atypical. also in the past i was the only subject for my segment; this
time i was on with john hood and it was a call-in.

+Did you go to the WUNC studios or did you talk to them by
+phone?

i'm right on campus so getting to the studios is easy for me. i went
there. in the room with me was mary hartnet. john hood was on the phone.
the other segments were prerecorded -- except the callers of course. in
the engineer's room were a heck of a lot of people. paula press, bevery
abel and about 4 others.

+Were the other guests there too or were they calling in?
see above.

+What can you tell us about Mary Hartnet (sp?) and Beverly Abel?

http://www.wunc.org/tsot/ mary has had a haircut since this picture. i
don't think there are pictures of the rest on their site tho.

+I'm just kind of curious. I've listened to the show before
+and just been curious as to what goes on behind the scenes.
+
+Thanks in advance,
+Tanner
+

Paul Jones
"Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!"
http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As MetaLab.unc.edu
pjones AT ibiblio.org voice: (919) 962-7600 fax: (919) 962-8071