internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] more crypto/security

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <matusiak AT speakeasy.net>
  • To: "internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] more crypto/security
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 07:56:13 -0700 (PDT)

of course, Tanner's presentation was top-notch. he was able to touch upon the
more difficult mathematical properties of encryption while still remaining
accessible. he made it clear what PGP/GPG was, what you can use it for, why
you
would want to go thru the trouble, and how to accomplish all this.

clear, concise, and under an hour. no sys admin experience required. only a
simple, relaxing drive out to Dreyfus Auditorium and back. yes, these
"meetings"
may be slated towards techies, but they are open to anyone with a hankerin'
for
a heap a learnin'.

all the URLs and references you could have ever dreamed of were presented.
all
of my stupid questions were graciously answered. all of the intelligent
questions from the other attendees were answered in kind. food and drink was
served -- FREE OF CHARGE. the knowledge transfer was also free.

what else is required to draw attendees?? free foot massages?? tax credits
for
your six children? a buff and shine on the loafers?

thanks to Tanner for such generosity. and to Lisa and Badger for being
dilligent. and to the rest involved whom i do not get to see. it was a great
introduction to current encryption technologies and they even promised to do
follow-up key signing in the fall to assist those (like me) who did not have
it
set up at this time. ..oOo..streamline..oOo..

drm
m a h t o o z e e a c k a t s p e e k e e z e e d o t n e t