internetworkers - [internetworkers] wage review

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Deborah Ellington" <deborah AT invincigirl.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] wage review
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:52:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hey all you people,

I hope this is not a terribly inappropriate question. I have just finished
school and have some interviews coming up next week for web design/graphic
design positions. I don't really have a sense of what this kind of
position should pay, though. While in school I worked on freelance and
contract assignments and I got paid anywhere from 20-35 per hour but my
intuition is that nobody is going to pay me that kind of money on a
fulltime basis. Most of the wage information I can find online is
outdated, based on the 1999 era of endless venture capital. I have not
exactly been inundated by interview requests so I do not want to price
myself out of consideration, but neither do I want to settle for less than
a fair wage. FWIW, I have advanced skills in Dreamweaver, Flash,
Photoshop, Illustrator, and I have a pretty decent portfolio (I think).

Please don't anyone tell me how much YOU make, but if you are in a
position to know what a starting salary might be for an entry-level or
junior design position, maybe you could share it? Replies to me privately
at deborah AT invincigirl.com rather than to the list would be fine.

Thanks,
Deborah