internetworkers - Re: Electric Lawnmower Thoughts?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Chuck Morford <chuckmorford AT yahoo.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Electric Lawnmower Thoughts?
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 07:47:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bill,
Can't help you with an electric mower
recommendation, I've got 1.5 acres and a rider...

About mowing when it's wet...Don't do it...
If you get a bagging mower the wet grass won't
bag right and you'll end up with big clumps
coming out the bottom of the mower...Same
problems if you get a mulcher, the grass will
clump together and clog the mower deck which
won't allow the clippings to recirculate through
the blades...
I wait until the grass is dry to the touch before
mowing...

My $.02...
Chuck
--- Bill Vinson <billvinson AT nc.rr.com> wrote:
> Anyone have any recommendations on corded
> electric lawnmowers?
>
> I am thinking about getting a Black & Decker
> Lawn Hog 19" Corded lawn
> mower MM875. I have read that the Cordless
> models don't hold a charge
> for very long and can become unpredictable due
> to different grass
> conditions effecting the length of the charge.
> So, I am now looking at
> the corded model. Any thoughts on how well the
> model works? Any owners
> out there?
>
> I know cord management will be an
> issue/trade-off, but so is gas/oil in
> my mind. I will be having a quarter of an acre
> coming up in less than 2
> weeks which I think will be small enough to be
> manageable with an
> electric. Any thoughts on mowing when grass has
> grown a little or is
> somewhat damp?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill
> --
> Bill Vinson
> <billvinson AT nc.rr.com>
> http://www.trilug.org/~billv

> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers
> as: chuckmorford AT yahoo.com
$subst('Email.Unsub')