internetworkers - Re: Now available: PCs with Mandrake Linux at WalMart.com

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Now available: PCs with Mandrake Linux at WalMart.com
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 21:36:46 +0000

A Dimarts 16 Juliol 2002 00:51, vàreu escriure:
> But you really wouldn't want to shop for your Linux box at Walmart.

> http://indyweek.com/durham/2002-05-08/news.html

So what? A corporation that is greedy? Is this the problem?

What about intel, AMD, nVidia, CreativeLabs....? They allt ry to do the
same. Unless declared illegal, everpybody will keep trying to be the
one and only whatever-they're-doing. And then, it might mean nothing
(see USDoJ vs Microsoft).

Having the choice of buying at "GreedyGuys Corp." and "BunchOfGreedyGuys
Inc.", I'll choose whoever provides me with Linux at a nice price. It's
my call. Do as you're pleased.

Salut,
Josep
--