internetworkers - Re: is phpBB better than phorum?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: John Beimler <john AT radiomind.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: is phpBB better than phorum?
  • Date: 09 Jul 2002 16:03:46 -0400

On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 14:41, Judy Hallman wrote:
> One of our RTPnet volunteers suggests we replace phorum with phpBB.
> Do you have any experience with phpBB? Should we drop phorum and go to
> phpBB? We don't have much invested in phorum yet.

I've seen larger data sets stored in phpBB versus phorum, but they use
the same technologies, so I can't see that they would scale very
differently, unless there is a radical difference in the database schema
or coding, I can't believe there would be a large difference.

Go with the one that seems to make more sense to you, and is easier to
take care of.

Peace.

john