internetworkers - RE: Tombraider for the Palm

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "'InterNetWorkers'" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Tombraider for the Palm
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 14:23:54 -0400

Here are some of my favorites:

If you have your Palm connected to the Internet in some way or another:
- Xiino - The successor to PalmScape. A Web Browser that does a lot
more than just plain web clippings and WAP. It does HTML, is in color,
and does graphics and frames (reasonably well). Much better IMHO than
EudoraWeb. And worlds better than that Wireless Web that came with my
Sprint Palm phone. Trialware. Full version is $30 (I think). Definitely
worth it.

- MultiMail Pro. An email client that does POP3, IMAP and SMTP. When you
dial in, it has an option to only get the headers, so that you can
decide what you want to spend your time on to download (so you don't
waste as much time on all that spam).

- PalmVNC - A VNC Client for Palm. With that I can remotely control my
desktop from my Palm!! Supports just about every platform known to
humanity.

- PalmToolBox - contains utilities such as ping, finger, whois, Trace
Route, DNS query, etc.

- Mocha Pocket Telnet - A Palm telnet client that does SSH1

- Afterburner 3.1 - An overclocking utility for the Palm platform.
Requires a so-called Hack manager (Hacks in this sense are extensions to
the Palm O/S). HackMaster is really old and not the most stable. I'm
using X-Master which for me is as solid as a rock. The freeware version
of Afterburner is good, but the registered version for $9.00 is worth
every penny. With that you can overclock your Palm on an application by
application basis. My Palm has a 33MHz Dragonball processor, and I'm
running most of my apps at 50 MHz. Rock solid and hasn't crashed, and
yes, it does make a huge difference! Besides, how cool is an overclocked
Palm Pilot??

- PalmaSutra. Have you tried v2.1 yet? More entries and in color!

If there are any more cool Palm gadgets, applications and utilities, I
would love to hear about it.

Thanks,
Bill