internetworkers - RE: another delicious topic

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Austin, Roger D." <rda AT rti.org>
  • To: 'InterNetWorkers' <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: another delicious topic
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:43:16 -0400

We spent the weekend in Asheville at a family outing. Asheville has to have
one of the most robust downtown areas in NC. Friday night was like a crowded
day at Crabtree Valley mall. Ate at an incredibly loud pizza restaurant next
to the Blue Star(?) gallery on Friday. It was too loud to talk to the person
next too you and I did not have enough beer in me. You had to scream at the
person next to you to have a conversation. Food was marginal Italian (pizza
place.)
Saturday, we moved to "The Cabin" in Woodfin which is North of Asheville.
Very nice log cabin out in the sticks and served great food. A band from
"Durham" was playing. A woman and man. The man seemed to be a John Prine
copy, but didn't mumble as well. The woman played guitar and sang her
original tunes (I think.)
Anyone else been to the Western NC arboretum SW of Asheville. Very nice
place.
Hit the "Blue Mist" near Siler City on the way back down 64 to Raleigh. BBQ
was marginal. I remember in the early '70s going there to/from NCSU late at
night. The food seemed to be better in those days, but I am getting old and
cranky so that might be the problem. Hmmm...
Later, Roger (in RTP getting hungry)