internetworkers - Editor Generator from XML Schema

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Calvin Powers <calvin AT cspowers.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Editor Generator from XML Schema
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:50:02 -0400

Howdy,

I have a vague recollection of seeing an open source project/product that does what I want to do, but I cannot remember the name of it to save my life. I was hoping maybe someone on the list might be aware of it.

I want a tool that will read an XML Schema definition and produce the source code for a graphical editor specific to that schema. I'd then want to use this output source code as the starting point for an editor that I would produce.

Note: I'm not talking about one of those general purpose editors that can edit valid XML files for any schema. I want to produce an editor that is specific to a certain schema.

Anyone know of any product/open source project that does this?

Calvin Powers current events
mailto:calvin AT cspowers.com cultural phenomena
http://www.cspowers.com/ true stories
"The revolution will not be televised." http://www.StuckInTraffic.com/

  • Editor Generator from XML Schema, Calvin Powers, 06/11/2002