internetworkers - Bite Spam Back (link)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Bite Spam Back (link)
  • Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 01:55:55 -0400

Linkful article on various methods for fighting spam, including some
client-side products that I don't remember being mentioned previously.

http://www.infoworld.com/articles/op/xml/02/05/20/020520opestrat.xml?0524frpm

I (or, rather Earthlink) use the Brightmail technology cited in this article
and it works great. I think I've gotten maybe 2-3 pieces of spam so far this
month.

I'm pretty confident that there will be some anti-spam law in force by this
time next year. Will be interesting to see how/if that changes things.

  • Bite Spam Back (link), Michael D. Thomas, 05/26/2002