internetworkers - Re: earthlink/mindspring blocking Road Runner email

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Craig <craigduncan AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: earthlink/mindspring blocking Road Runner email
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 14:24:04 -0400

I just got off the phone with RR tech support and found out that earthlink
have blocked all email from RR smtp servers (not sure if it extends beyond
nc.rr.com), that RR has contacted earthlink but have not heard back from them
- I wonder if they are using email to contact them :=)

So, if you are a RR customer and wish to send email to someone whose email
account is dependent on earthlink/mindspring mail servers, it's not gonna
happen for a while.