internetworkers - Legal Spam?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Wagoner <dbwagoner AT yahoo.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Legal Spam?
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 12:35:39 -0700 (PDT)

I just received a Spam message, from a cigarette
vendor no less, that claims to be legal because it
includes the way to be removed.

I have not read the specifics of the anti-Spam
legislation, like M.T. and TaB have, so I would ask
you to comment on this. This is BS, right?

If not, then Spammers can Spam all they want as long
as they include a "remove" button or instruction. I
thought the whole point of the Anti-Spam movement is
to stop unsolicited electronic advertisements via
email, regardless of whether or not one can be removed
from the list after the fact.

david
(all Yahoo-Spammed out today)

</begin SPAM>