internetworkers - Re: Evil plants

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Serena Fenton <fents AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Evil plants
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:55:36 -0400

I sent the link that was on internetworkers last weeek about eating poison ivy <http://wwmag.net/Pages/pivy.htm> to my brother, the doctor (pediatric intensive care). His response,in case some of you were tempted to try:

----

This bone headed idea has been around for some time. The medical complications of it are well known (at least to some of us in medicine). Remember that the eaten leaf has to come out somewhere. Guess what happens to the poor person who injested the poison ivy!

There is probably not enough Preparation H at your local drugstore to care for the problem, even if your pharmacist were to give you 40 refills.

-----

Serena Fenton fents AT ibiblio.org
ibiblio: formerly known as metalab...sunsite.unc.edu...
digital archivist ----> http://www.ibiblio.org/

I never did very well in math - I could never seem to persuade the
teacher that I hadn't meant my answers literally. - Calvin Trillin