internetworkers - RE: bizzarro to the rescue...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Austin, Roger D." <rda AT rti.org>
  • To: 'InterNetWorkers' <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: bizzarro to the rescue...
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:10:17 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: David R. Matusiak [mailto:matusiak AT speakeasy.net]
> Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 12:10 PM
> To: InterNetWorkers
> Subject: [internetworkers] bizzarro to the rescue...

I don't like MS or dislike them. I use some of their products because those
in charge of my working hours have deemed it necessary. Doesn't mean I like
it or hate it. I have no feelings at work about it since I am not paid to
have them.
Folks are always wanting to categorize people. If I buy a Carolina Pale
Ale, some of the people I am with think it is my favorite drink, others
think I am an alcoholic since I'm drinking at all, and others think I should
have bought them one too. They say something when I order a Bass or Stout
like "Hey, I thought you drank Carolina Pale Ale?...". No, just that time
when they were with me, I bought it since I do like it, but then I also like
other kinds of brew.
Then again, it's like when they see you driving your Dad's Park Avenue and
think you are loaded. Why can't you drive an old Volkswagon beetle like all
the "normal" geeks? Huh? (Timewarp to 1970's with my sliderule by my
side...)
Well anyway, if I hear someone trashing MS, I just figure their Windows 95
machine just BSOD'ed while they were about to crash through a Pong
ceiling... Sometimes it is just better to let things go and enjoy life.
Roger (in RTP smelling the flowers and programming in ASP)