internetworkers - Re: who writes this stuff?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <matusiak AT speakeasy.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: who writes this stuff?
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 07:21:53 -0800 (PST)

ya know, i didn't even bother to download/read any of these articles
yesterday
-- knowing in advance that they would all be foolish M$ propoganda. but
Joanna
peaked my curiosity, so i went to grab a few .pdfs.

after having to input my "registration information" (registering for what?
i'm
fearing...) about six times because the page kept failing with .asp errors,
it
finally allowed me to proceed. then the first few .pdfs i attempted to load
failed and had to be re-loaded.

*boy* was it worth it, tho! i am now convinced that my enterprise needs to
run
on "Big Iron Windows." after reading that 18% of executives complain about
"having to deal with people" i understood WHY i should be listening to them.
42%
seem to think that upper management "has their heads up their asses" when it
comes to technical matters -- GOOD thing THEY make all the decisions!!

then there were some misleading graphs showing how Win2000 and WinNT
(combined)
account for 115% of the server market, and since you can only find MCSE's
these
days (they hand them out at all the job fairs now), you would be a freakin'
idiot to NOT go with Windows on Unisys hardware. what are you, dense??

ever since i stopped thinking and allowed the borg to take over, my days have
been incredibly relaxing. no more security issues, no more downtime, no more
reboots. just pure unfettered white noise in the head. pristine. clear. much
like an unmuddied lake. fan-frikin'-tastic!

m a h t o o z e e a c k a t s p e e k e e z e e d o t n e t