internetworkers - Another shameless act of self-promotion...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace AT wayfarer.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Another shameless act of self-promotion...
  • Date: 07 Mar 2002 15:17:57 -0500

I really wanted to come to tonight's gathering, but unfortunately
I have a previously scheduled commitment. So, since, one of the
reasons for coming, besides socializing, is meeting people and
gaining contacts, with the ultimate purpose being to find a job, :-)
and since I'm new to the list, I'd like to invite people to
introduce themselves, virtually. I know a few people on the list
(my wife went to school with Gina and I know a few people from
the Triangle Linux Users Group), but not nearly enough.
As a way of breaking the ice, so to speak, I'll introduce myself
first.

Greetings, my name is Tanner Lovelace. Until recently, I was
a graduate student at UNC attempting to get my Ph.D. in computer
science. My specialties are 3D computer graphics and networking.
I'm fluent in C++, Perl, HTML, Unix Shell, C, Java, Javascript,
and Lisp. I registered my first internet domain in January of
1993 (it was wayfarer.com). I switched to my current domain
(wayfarer.org) in 1995 after I had a disagreement with a
company that wanted my old domain name and decided to be heavy
handed about it. :-( I've worked as a unix system administrator
both profesionally and non-profesionally. I'm right now looking
for a job in the computing industry. My first choice would be
doing 3D graphics in C++ but unfortunately, there are a surprising
dearth of such jobs in the area. I would be equally happy,
however, doing some form of web development. If you're curious,
you can see my resume at http://wtl.wayfarer.org/resume.html
(or you can see photos of my 7 month old at http://bram.wayfarer.org :-)

So, what's the story about everyone else on the list? What's
your background? What do you do? (Or what are you looking for?)
What's your view on life? (Or is that too serious a question? :)

I look forward to (virtually) meeting you.

Tanner Lovelace
--
Tanner Lovelace | lovelace AT wayfarer.org | http://wtl.wayfarer.org/

History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times
of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to
endure. -- Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1989