internetworkers - RE: speaking of large ridiculous vehicles...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "'InterNetWorkers'" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: speaking of large ridiculous vehicles...
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 14:53:32 -0500

Title: Message
I love the name of the vehicle that this monstrosity is based on: the Chevrolet Avalanche. Who in their right mind would want to name a vehicle after a natural disaster?? Then again, after being rear-ended by one of those beasts at, say, 50 mph, your car will look like it has been hit by an avalanche, so maybe that name isn't so far fetched? Or maybe they named it like that since driving it off road might have a similar environmental impact as being buried by an, ahem, avalanche.

Sometimes I wonder what, or if, product planners are thinking...

My $0.02 worth...

- Bill