internetworkers - another thought on spam

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: another thought on spam
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 13:16:04 -0500

Occasionally I have thought that it would be fun to use spam for a
little culture jamming. I have the impression that it is cheap enough
($50-200?) to buy a blast of spam, that if I ever had some money to play
with, I would create some alternative kinds of spam. Among other
things:

- fictitious/hoax marriage proposal (e.g. "We've been through so much,
marry me, Sue." only with much more detail)

- poetry

- parodies of spam

I wonder what other bright ideas y'all would have for subvertins
spam.
In the poetry category, what poems would be ideal to spam thousands of
random recipients around the world?

Maybe we could have a contest. Maybe we could apply for an arts
grant. Just a thought.

TaB

  • another thought on spam, Thomas Beckett, 12/15/2001