internetworkers - Fwd: Gates helping Open Source??

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Edward Wesolowski <ids AT idisplay.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Fwd: Gates helping Open Source??
  • Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 13:41:09 -0500

"Bill Gates Gives Open Source a Boost Microsoft's Windows XP -- and all its
clunky restrictions -- might just send you running to more versatile programs
like Linux."Windows XP

"Microsoft's desire to control the future of computing might provide the boost
that open source needs."

I'm terrified to even touch Windows XP with a 10-foot-pole.
Michael S Czeiszperger & Don Rosenberg:
What was the app you mentioned that lets Word, etc. run on Linix? I don't want to make a career out of learning curving right now; I need to share files that run on Windows, but I need to look ahead, to the next 18 months.
Thanks
Ed Wesolowski

"Bill Gates Gives Open Source a Boost Microsoft's Windows XP -- and all its
clunky restrictions -- might just send you running to more versatile programs
like Linux."

"Microsoft's desire to control the future of computing might provide the boost
that open source needs."

cheers!
drm
... who didn't know that "Linux" was a "program" ...
m a h t o o z e e a c k a t s p e e k e e z e e d o t n e t

You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: ids AT idisplay.com