internetworkers - re: Soccer Match

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Josep L. Guallar-Esteve <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: re: Soccer Match
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 18:26:08 -0500

A Divendres 02 Novembre 2001 01:34 am, vàreu escriure:
> josep spake:
> > I know,

> > We are in the hockey/basketball/football/baseball season.

> pffff...screw all that crap! ;o)

Yep, but I do not dare to say it :P

> > But this weekend there's a soccer match. Actually, a bigger-than-life
> > soccer match.
> > And I want to watch it.

> > If you know where it can be followed, please tell me. Do you know of any
> > place near Chapel Hill?

> De Boer, Kluivert, Overmars, Cocu, and Reiziger...

> *almost* as good as the Dutch team qualifying this year (yeah, right) :(

The coach is different. As well as the midfield and Rivaldo *droling*

> generally, the only place to catch a lot of euro football is the north
> carolina sports bar on west franklin street (next to local 506).

> unfortunately, it appears that there will be no us broadcast of this game.
> you could call the sports bar to make sure, but i don't see it listed
> anywhere.

Actualy, I've learned that they Time Warner is going to broadcast the game in
Pay-Per-View on the station HT-2 (???)

> the best place to get football broadcast info, and the lowdown on the ugly
> battles over international broadcast rights, is:

> http://www.soccertv.com/

I know ths site. They need a usability and/or interface engineer. Their web
just plain sucks.

Anyway,

If someone know of a place were they will have Time Warner's Pay-Per-View,
let me know!!

Tight know, it looks like Alex, Craig, Stella and Jim are interested. I will
wander around tonight to check if any place will consider broadcasting the
match.

Salut,
Sinner
--
Josep Lluis Guallar-Esteve

  • Soccer Match, Josep L . Guallar-Esteve, 11/01/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • re: Soccer Match, alex verhoeven, 11/02/2001
    • re: Soccer Match, Josep L . Guallar-Esteve, 11/03/2001