internetworkers - Re: Attention: Web Browser Upgrade Required to View MSN.com

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Josep L. Guallar-Esteve <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Attention: Web Browser Upgrade Required to View MSN.com
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 17:15:19 -0400

A Dijous 25 Octubre 2001 11:55 am, vàreu escriure:
> tried to view www.msn.com this morning in mozilla 0.9.5. and received the
> following msg:
> ---
> Attention: Web Browser Upgrade Required to View MSN.com

I tried with Konqueror, got a similar result. So I went to Konqueror's Tool
menu, changed the browser ID from Konqueror-2.2.1/Linux to IExplorer
5.5/Windows2000 and I got in!

So much for theur security concerns.

As Patton would have said "Bastards!"[*]

Salut,
Josep

[*] I know, I know, it is not a PC comment. But General Patton would really
have said that. So, please, restrain your flames.
--
Josep Lluis Guallar-Esteve