internetworkers - Re: eben moglen's monday, nov 12 talk

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Lisa Lorenzin <lorenzin AT 1000plus.com>
  • To: rpjday <rpjday AT mindspring.com>
  • Cc: Joe Mack <jmack AT wm7d.net>, Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp AT pobox.com>, NC*SA steering committee <ncsa-steer AT ncsysadmin.org>, TriLUG steering committee <trilug-steering AT trilug.org>, Dan Singer <des AT cs.duke.edu>, Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>, <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: eben moglen's monday, nov 12 talk
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:26:40 -0400 (EDT)

> no food, people are on their own. talk will start at 7 pm sharp,
> me being the stickler for punctuality that i am. lisa has volunteered
> to make up signs, if she's up for that.

yes. i checked it out yesterday, and i think 3 will be sufficient (a big
one at the entrance to the parking lot, a smaller one on the bryan center
pointing to the friedrick entrance, and a "you are here" on the friedrick
entrance).

> in terms of "sponsorship," it beats me who's officially sponsoring
> this. the cost will be the $45 to get the aud at ncssm, so if trilug
> and nc*sa want to split that, that's fine. or we can keep it simple
> and just let trilug do it.

it'd be nice to split the fee and have it be a joint nc*sa and trilug
venture - especially since nc*sa is doing this in lieu of our november
meeting.

> in any event, if people want more info once they see the ad, we should
> have *detailed* descriptions up at home pages such as www.trilug.org
> and nc*sa. i don't know if we can give a phone contact number, since
> it's not clear who should be taking those calls. and i sure don't
> want people calling *me*. :-)

give an email contact address. we can use

ebenlecture AT 1000plus.com

if that's acceptable, since i can easily filter that and have some
boilerplate info available (directions, abstract, date/time, etc).

> have i forgotten anything critical? the only thing i'm waiting on
> is the abstract and bio, and we can start calling the local papers,
> like the indy and putting it in their calendar, and so on.

sounds good to me!

lisa

--
lisa lorenzin | lisa AT 1000plus.com | http://www.1000plus.com/lisa/
# find / -user your -name base -print | xargs chown us

  • Re: eben moglen's monday, nov 12 talk, Lisa Lorenzin, 10/16/2001