internetworkers - O'Reilly Book Promotion

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Calvin Powers <calvin AT cspowers.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: O'Reilly Book Promotion
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 07:08:36 -0400

Greetings,

I was browsing around the O'Reilly web site and found an announcement for the book promotion that was mentioned on this list a few days ago. Here's the URL:
http://www.oreilly.com/news/retailpromo_0901.html

In addition to the UNC bookstore, the promotion is good at any brick-and-mortar Borders and runs through September 30th.

So I went book shopping at Borders in Cary last night. None of the employees had heard anything about this promotion. Fortunately the cash registers knew about it and correctly rang up my purchase.

As was mentioned earlier, the deal is that you buy two books and get a third of equal or lesser value for free.

So I'm now gloating over my _Java_and_XML (2cd edition), Java Cookbook, and XSLT books like a kid on Christmas morning. :-)

Calvin Powers current events
mailto:calvin AT cspowers.com cultural phenomena
http://www.cspowers.com/ true stories
http://www.StuckInTraffic.com/
If you want peace, work for justice.
If you want security, work for freedom.

  • O'Reilly Book Promotion, Calvin Powers, 09/22/2001