internetworkers - Re: disinformation

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rowland Smith <rowland AT webperformanceinc.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: disinformation
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 17:29:26 -0400

On Friday, September 21, 2001, at 04:44 PM, Edward Wesolowski wrote:

At 04:05 PM 9/21/01 -0400, you wrote:

Interesting perspective from Benjamin Zycher ,Senior Fellow, Pacific
Research Institute for Public Policy:

http://www.interesting-people.org/200109/0280.html

--
Come to think of it, there was that attack on the rogue
pharmaceutical plant in the Sudan. Where did that information come from?

There's an excellent documentary on Osama bin Laden that ran on PBS last week:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/binladen/

They delve into bin Laden's origins, connections to the embassy bombings in Africa, and
our bombing of the pharmaceutical plant in Sudan.

It's very interesting to see Clinton's deputy National Security Advisor, Sandy Berger, announcing that we're bombing the pharmaceutical plant because we KNOW it's being used to produce VX nerve gas - and then watching him start backing up when being interviewed later - he rolls it all the way back to soemthing like "we think that the pharmaceutical plant was producing a chemical that may ( or may not ) have been used to produce some kind of nerve gas" ;)

Another good section explains how we were monitoring bin Laden in the Sudan, where we could see him and touch him. Then someone in the US decides that we should kick him out of the Sudan. The Sudanese government says, "hey, leave him here, if you want him, you can get him". But no, we drove him from Sudan, and he immediately left for Afghanistan, where we can't see him, can't touch him, but can damn sure feel him.

One more observation: Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the complete lack of any comment whatsoever from the NSA during the past two weeks?

Talk to ya,
Rowland

You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: ids AT idisplay.com

You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: rowland AT webperformanceinc.com