internetworkers - Re: Midway throws in the towel

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Robert Weeks <robert AT designhammer.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Midway throws in the towel
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 13:43:51 -0400

Yup,

http://news.excite.com/news/ap/010912/12/midway-airlines

The company said in a statement that the action was being taken "with the
recognition that, following the recent terrorist attacks, demand for air
transportation is expected to decline sharply."

"We are deeply troubled by the impact this action will have on our
customers, employees, creditors and community. Unfortunately, we simply do
not have the resources necessary to permit us to reorganize in this
environment," the statement said.

Robert