internetworkers - INFO:NEW COPYRIGHT POLICY FOR UNC CH

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kate Johnson <johnk AT ils.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: INFO:NEW COPYRIGHT POLICY FOR UNC CH
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 19:48:40 -0400 (EDT)

Date: 31 Aug 2001 23:59:49 LCL

From: UNCCOPYRIGHT AT UNC.EDU

To: ALL AT UNC.EDU

After almost two years of study by a University System-wide

committee and adoption by the Board of Governors of a new

System-wide Copyright Policy, and after further study and

recommendations by our own Copyright Committee, chaired by

Professor Lolly Gasaway, I am pleased to notify you of the

adoption of a new Copyright Policy for The University of

North Carolina at Chapel Hill, effective August 1, 2001.

The Policy is available on the web at

http://www.unc.edu/campus/policies.html.

Questions concerning the work of the Committee should be

directed to Professor Gasaway at 962-1321 or

laura_gasaway AT unc.edu, or, for legal advice about particular

issues, to Susan Ehringhaus, Vice Chancellor and General

Counsel, at 962-1219 or susan_ehringhaus AT unc.edu, or any

other member of the University Counsel's staff.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Professor Gasaway

and our colleagues on the Copyright Committee for their

diligent effort in producing this new Policy.

James Moeser, Chancellor

  • INFO:NEW COPYRIGHT POLICY FOR UNC CH, Kate Johnson, 09/06/2001