internetworkers - "getting the video"

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: "getting the video"
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:22:06 -0400

Hey-

I know we've all heard about the new layoff technique of herding you into a
room, playing "The Video" telling you you're laid off, and then the escort
out of the bldg--- but has anyone on this list, or anyone you know,
actually experienced "getting the video?" (as a variant of "getting the
shaft?") I've a friend who's a scriptwriter, and she'd very much like to
talk to someone about such. And no, she's NOT making one of them! I think
she's mostly artistically intrigued, in an appalled sort of way.
If this is you I'm talking about, please email me, and I'll put you in
touch with her.

Thanks-
Paula C.
guvmint contractor, hopefully never to "get the video."