internetworkers - Java web apps, from admin view?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Java web apps, from admin view?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:17:57 -0400

Thought I'd throw this one out to the list:

Are there any good websites, articles, or (gasp!) books out there that talk
about Java web applications, Java Application Servers, etc from the
viewpoint of a NON-programming administrator?

While I have occasionally munged up Perl & shell scripts for admin tasks,
and have taken classes in at least six languages, I am most definitely not
a developer. However, nearly every article I find (including most of the
Sun stuff) seems to presume you are reading it so you can go develop code.
I'm looking for basic knowledge that will help me make environment
decisions and generally be prepared for an influx of Java code onto our
systems. Anyone out there have some URL's? ?

Paula C.

  • Java web apps, from admin view?, Childers . Paula, 08/16/2001