internetworkers - speaking of home improvement & contrators

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Heather Hesketh <heather AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: speaking of home improvement & contrators
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:39:49 -0400

Must be something in the air. Perhaps it's Fall, with students returning to the university, that makes ones mind turned to home improvement.

A friend of mine used a contractor to do some tile work and painting. The contractor was Aaron Moor. My friend was *not* happy with Aaron:

He refused to document his work. Everytime we agreed on a
price for something, he decided something wasn't included when
tallying up the final bill.

And he didn't install the title properly and before a year was up, the tile was breaking.

I don't need grout work (yet) or floors refinished (ours were done in 1985 by the previous owner), but I *am* looking for someone who can strip the paint (some of it may be lead-based) from all the woodwork in our house, refinish it, and paint.

I'm also interested in finding good cabinet makers, who could build some bookshelves.

Heather

--
Heather A. Hesketh http://www.hesketh.com
CEO vox: 919.834.2552 x12