internetworkers - Re: naughty, naughty north carolinians

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rachel Cox <rachel AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: naughty, naughty north carolinians
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 14:12:24 -0400

At 01:54 PM 8/9/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>>Seven arrested in NC as part of federal crackdown on child porn
>>http://www.msnbc.com/local/wncn/nbcj7zxx4qc.asp
>
>While this whole thing makes me physically ill, I'm kind of surprised that
>they only found seven people in NC who were into this.

Hmm. I'm thinkin' that folks like you're describing may spend
not so much time on surfing the Internet, for porn or anything
else.

And perhaps here in the Land Of The New Media where we have gobs
of Web developers and PhDs and programmers and early-adopters and
technofetishists an' all, folks are clever enough not to give their
credit card numbers to child pornographers for easy access later
when the Feds turn up.

Of course, I prefer to think that, idiot sodomy laws aside, we
Nawth Carolinyans simply prefer our sex with grown-ups.

Cheers!
-Rachel
Rachel Cox | Web Developer | 919.834.2552 x16 | hesketh.com/inc
Image is only the beginning. http://www.hesketh.com/
hesketh.com is hiring: http://hesketh.com/careers/