internetworkers - Open Source UML Tools?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Calvin Powers <calvin AT cspowers.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Open Source UML Tools?
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 19:06:06 -0400

Greetings,

I just got done writing a design in which I used MS Visio's support for UML diagrams. It worked just barely enough to keep me going and sell me on the notion of UML while making me hate Visio with a passion that I rarely feel for software products.

I understand that Rational Rose is the cadillac of UML tools, but I'm cheap. Are there any open source UML tools that people would recommend? Or any very low cost commercial ones?

A tool that emits Java code and is EJB aware would get you double bonus points in my book.

Thanks

Calvin Powers current events
mailto:calvin AT cspowers.com cultural phenomena
http://www.cspowers.com/ true stories
"the revolution will not be televised" http://www.StuckInTraffic.com/