internetworkers - Re: Fwd: Adobe, EFF Call for Dmitry Release

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Josep Lluís Guallar Esteve <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Fwd: Adobe, EFF Call for Dmitry Release
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:03:32 -0400

A Dimarts 24 Juliol 2001 08:41, vàreu escriure:
> From a press release today:

> Adobe Systems Incorporated and the Electronic Frontier
> Foundation today jointly recommend the release of Russian
> programmer Dmitry Sklyarov from federal custody.

> Adobe is also withdrawing its support for the criminal
> complaint against Dmitry Sklyarov.

All this is very nice from Adobe, but now, the legal thing is:

"US of A vs Dmitry Sklyarov"

it is not "Adobe Systems Incorporated vs Dmitry Sklyarov"

So, this is nice from Adobe, good PR. But in the end, Dmirty is still in
jail, unable to talk with his embasy or family, ... you know, all the things
that we expect when an American is put in jail in a foreign country.

Adobe has backed down, but Dmitry Sklyarov is still in jail. It is now up to
the U.S. Attorney General's office of the Northern District of California to
free him.

http://www.usaondca.com/press/html/2001_07_17_sklyarov.html

Salut,
Josep