internetworkers - Code Red (no, not the drink)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Code Red (no, not the drink)
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 17:51:45 -0400

If you're responsible for any IIS servers, and haven't been keeping up
with your patches, please take a moment to check and see if your server
is making a nuisance out of itself by exposing a vulnerability to a worm
that's making the rounds:

http://www.eeye.com/html/Research/Advisories/AL20010717.html
http://www.cert.org/incident_notes/IN-2001-08.html

If you are, and it is, and hasn't been properly patched, could you
please stop yapping about the Webbies and go fix your server?

Thanks :)

Steve,
we don't run IIS and we're still getting banged on by those that do.

  • Code Red (no, not the drink), Steven Champeon, 07/19/2001