internetworkers - Microsoft wins - marginally

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Microsoft wins - marginally
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 12:27:24 -0400

It looks like the court only vacated the trial court's remedy, and not
Judge Jackson's findings of fact. It only partially reversed the trial
court's ruling that Microsoft did in fact violate antitrust laws. The
appeals court did find that M$ does exercise a monopoly in the OS market
and did engage in anticompetitive behavior in the OS and browser
markets, using its OS monopoly to gain unfair advantage in the OS
market.

Not a slam dunk for M$ at all.

The opinion runs to 125 pages, and just skimming over, it looks really
interesting. Maybe by Sunday I'll have time to read it.

TaB

Thomas Beckett wrote:

> As expected, the DC Circuit ruled for Microsoft and slapped down
> Judge
> Jackson:
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A57869-2001Jun28.html
>
> TaB

> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: thomas AT tbeckett.com

  • Microsoft wins - marginally, Thomas Beckett, 06/28/2001