internetworkers - Re: [Fwd: need your help]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Austin, Roger" <rda AT rti.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: need your help]
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 17:08:16 -0400

What would replace the section? I wouldn't want to dismiss change
without listening to the alternative. Perhaps a redesign would be in
order and this editor wants to improve the business reporting. Things
rarely stay the same for long in publishing.
I would be surprised if they dropped all business reporting. Then
again, people in power do some stupid things due to some perceived
business issue (i.e., redesign WRAL site, etc.)
I look at the business section on the web site mostly. The articles
seem to be well written, but have little relevance to me most of the
time. I like the general topics articles and especially the Gilster
articles. Sometimes the Dyrness articles have a sense of a gossip column
rather than business, then many of you are business people who spend a
lot of time pressing the flesh and networking.
Roger (in RTP.
Who might subscribe again if they develop a decent arts section or
expanded the comics. Also, improve the crossword puzzle [do they think
we all have no vocabulary?], put all the ads in one section I could dump
it right away, and a whole lot of other improvements...)