internetworkers - egarden closes

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: egarden closes
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 06:57:42 -0400 (EDT)

http://www.newsobserver.com/saturday/business/technology/Story/438164p-429549c.html

Published: Friday, May 18, 2001 4:50 a.m. EDT

Egarden weeded out by its parent

By CHRISTINA DYRNESS, Staff Writer

RALEIGH -- After a two-year growth spurt, Egarden was plucked from the
Internet on Thursday. Though it continued to thrive as other dot-coms
wilted, the Raleigh-based e-commerce site for the lawn and garden industry
was dumped by its parent company, financially troubled U.S. Home & Garden.

In a news release, U.S. Home & Garden announced that Egarden would be
discontinued immediately. The online storefront at http://www.egarden.com
displayed the kind of "Sorry, we're closed" message that has lost its
novelty on the Web.

[more including quote from our friend Linda at
http://www.newsobserver.com/saturday/business/technology/Story/438164p-429549c.html
]

  • egarden closes, Paul Jones, 05/19/2001