internetworkers - Re: internetworkers digest: April 09, 2001

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Acipa Media Inc." <info AT ACIPAMEDIA.COM>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: internetworkers digest: April 09, 2001
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:33:19 -0500

On Pollen:
I've a theory that seems to be working. I run the water hose over my dark blue car for a couple of seconds in the morning. There seems to be a period just after the morning mist has burnt off when the pollen count is low. I manage to make it to work without a build up.

On Printing:
I've used a couple of places in my print design days
.
If what you want printed isn't too difficult try Apex printing, ask for Hayden. They are dirt cheep but there quality falls off as the level of print difficulty increases. ie, fit, color match and such. The next level up, I would try Sir Speedy in Morrisville. They print small quantities and their prices aren’t too bad. Their quality and service are pretty good.

I am having a number of brochures, business cards, CD jackets , Stationary and envelops printed. I believe I'm going to try one of those discount printers. Their prices are crazy low for four color, high gloss printing. Their turn around is only 5 days too. Two companies that I know of are Waveline and sharpdots.com. I've just sent off an order for business cards to sharpdots.com to see how well they do. If they come through then I'll likely give them the whole order. If this works I'll be saving almost 50% from typical printing cost. Here are the discount companies contact info (www.wavelinedirect.com and www.sharpdots.com)

Steve S.
www.MindBenderStudios.com
Multimedia
3D Animation &
Digital Illustration

Looking for a commerical printer

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a local = commerical printer -- someone who does business cards, letterheads, = 4-color printing of various materials -- that they've used and liked. =

BTW, I tried to find archives for this list? do they = exist? the question above has probably come up before.

much appreciated,

rani gill
------_=_NextPart_001_01C0C13F.6D6CD4E8--