internetworkers - EcoAccess

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Joe Komenda" <joe AT komejo.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: EcoAccess
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 19:52:51 -0800

I don't pass along messages like this lightly, but I've been on the Design
team, and this is a really well-intentioned project in serious need of
people (volunteers), esp. with experience using postgreSQL and/or Zope,
although any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe K

You are invited to an informational meeting for potential volunteers.
(See details below.)

EcoAccess is a new non-profit that is working to help Triangle residents
protect the environment by sharing knowledge through a community web
site called ecoaccess.org. Our goal is to empower residents and
citizens to make informed decisions that address the root causes of
environmental problems.

We are in the early stages of our project, and need your help to be
successful. You can enhance your knowledge of the environment, meet
interesting colleagues, and develop marketable skills by joining one of
our volunteer teams.

We are especially looking for writers, editors, graphic designers, HTML
typesetters, and programmers to help us build a web site that is useful
and easy to use.

If this sounds interesting, please swing by an informational meeting in
Durham next week. We are hosting two different times so people can make
the one that fits their schedule. The first is at 7:30 pm Monday
evening, April 2. The second is 1:00 pm Wednesday afternoon, April 4.
(See details below.)

For more information, visit our web site on the Internet at
http://ecoaccess.org/ or call 419-8567.

EcoAccess Informational Meeting Details

What: A chance to find out what EcoAccess is and learn how you can
get involved

Where: 3020 Pickett Road, Durham (near South Square mall)
conference room next to double doors on right side of
building (directions below)

When (evening option): 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm Monday, April 2
(afternoon option): 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm Wednesday, April 4

Looking forward to meeting you,

Fred Wilson Horch, Executive Director
Ben Herrick, Assistant Director

*****************************
Directions to the meeting:

Public transportation:

Take DATA bus line 5 to Pickett Road. We are the first stop on the
other side of the 15-501 overpass from the Herald Sun office building.
Call 683-DATA for bus schedules and fare information.

Driving from I-40:

* Exit onto 15-501 towards Durham.
* Make a left onto Garrett Rd. (Bojangles in on the leftside of this
intersection)
* Go to the end of Garrett Rd (about a 1 mile) and take a right onto
Pickett Rd.
* On Picket you will pass Durham Academy and then the Duke Primary Care
Center offices on the lefthand side.
* Our office building is the blue-gray building directly after the
medical
offices on the left, 3020 PICKET SQUARE

The conference room that we are meeting in is on the right side of the
building. (Building #100, straight ahead once you enter the parking
lot.) Once you come in the front doors, we will be in the first room on
the left.

Driving from I-85:

* Take 15-501 South towards Chapel Hill.
* Take the Cornwallis Road exit, and make a left at the bottom
of the ramp.
* Take the second right onto Petty Road.
* At the end of the road make a right onto Pickett Rd.
* Cross over the bridge and then look for the blue-gray office
building, 3020
PICKETT SQUARE on the righthand side. *** Be alert! It comes up
quickly
and is difficult to see coming from this direction because of a curve
in
the road. *** If you get to Durham Academy upper school, you've gone
too far.

The conference room that we are meeting in is on the right side of the
building. (Building #100, straight ahead once you enter the parking
lot.) Once you come in the front doors, we will be in the first room on
the left.

Bicycling:

Pickett Road is not a bike friendly road, but if you are coming from
Duke or downtown Durham, there is a sidewalk along most of Pickett until
just before the 15-501 overpass. We would not recommend trying to bike
from Chapel Hill.
--
Fred Wilson Horch mailto:fhorch AT ecoaccess.org
Executive Director, EcoAccess http://ecoaccess.org/

  • EcoAccess, Joe Komenda, 03/30/2001